UONGOZI Institute seeks to inspire leaders and promote the recognition of the important role of leadership in sustainable development within Africa.
Located in the President’s Office, United Republic of Tanzania, UONGOZI Institute provides training to leaders from Tanzania and beyond, organises high-level policy forums and dialogues, and carries out research on leadership and sustainable development.
Finance and Administration Department plays a vital role in making sure that the Institute’s planned activities are run and implemented smoothly by making sure funds availability, timely preparation of financial transactions, timely preparation of budget implementation report and providing other necessary support.
The Finance Intern will assist the Finance Team in the day-to-day operations of the Department. He/She will work closely with- and report directly to- the Finance Officer.
The Intern will be mainly responsible for assisting to maintain efficient and accurate accounting functions of the Department.
Scope of the Assignment
- Assist in preparation of payment vouchers and writing of cheques.
- Assist in updating the cashbook.
- Assist in preparation of bank and petty cash reconciliation.
- Assist in filing of finance documents such as; receipts, vouchers etc. and ensuring accurate record keeping.
- Assist in revision and verification of Staff imprest retirements.
- Any other relevant duties as directed by the supervisor.
- Must hold a Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting.
- Ability to work effectively both independently and as part of a team.
- Proficiency in MS Excel.
- Ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, both in English and Swahili.
- Volunteering experience is preferred, although not required.
Initially, the Intern will be provided with a three-month contract. Some assignments will require travel.
How to Apply:
Interested candidates should submit their applications via email@example.com with the following subject line “Finance Intern”. The application should include a Curriculum Vitae (CV) with contact details of three referees and a motivation letter, submitted by February 15th, 2019.
Note: UONGOZI Institute is an equal opportunity employer. We regret that we will not be able to contact unsuccessful applicants.